Quality Control Sorter
Merced, CA 95348
- Sorts agricultural produce and vegetables for quality, Extraneous Vegetable Matter, and Foreign Material
- Segregates produce on conveyor belt or table, working as crewmember, according to grade, color, size, roast, defects and communicate information to QA Tech and the lead in department.
- Discard an removed any defective items such as foreign material.
- Develop and conduct a variety of tests on in process materials on the line.
- Ensure that all of the quality check procedures put in place by the company are followed during every production phase.
- Create comprehensive documentation for quality issues and note the corrective actions that were taken.
- Educate and communicate production & quality team on quality control issues and work with departmental managers to improve overall company safety and product quality.
- Create process checklist and coordinate quality inspections with departmental managers/supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; manufacturing, laboratory and quality experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to stand / walk for 6 to 8 hours per shift
- Basic math skills and computer literacy
- Completes work accurately, precisely, truthfully and in timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Professional attitude, good attendance and time management.
- Demonstrate accurate and thorough quality work and informed decision-making process that incorporates concern for quality, safety and security
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet, Database, Email and Word Processing soft such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint software.
Ability to calculate figures such addition, division, multiplication and percent.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, Quality, production and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It is expected that all safety policies and procedures are followed and enforced in such situations.
- Employment at the Company is employment at-will. Employment at-will may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by the employee or the Company. Nothing in this job description or in any document or statement shall limit the right to terminate employment at-will.
For More Information...
Visit: 112 W Olive Ave. Merced, CA 95340