Quality Control Sorter
Merced, CA 95348
We are searching for a Quality Sorter who can uphold the safety policies our company has created and oversee the product development process to ensure that all products meet quality standards. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing tests on products at various stages of production to ensure that customer specifications are being met and company quality standards are followed. This position will report to Quality Management. The successful candidate will have a basic understanding of physical methods and equipment (food product and /or food ingredient testing desirable). Responsibilities include performing quality and foreign material measurements on samples, logging and reporting results. If you have previous experience with quality inspection in the manufacturing industry, we want to hear from you. Quality Sorter will perform a variety of routine tasks by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sorts agricultural produce and vegetables for quality, Extraneous Vegetable Matter, and Foreign Material
- Segregates produce on conveyor belt or table, working as crew member, according to grade, color, size, roast, defects and communicate information to QA Tech and the lead in department.
- Discard an removed any defective items such as foreign material.
- Develop and conduct a variety of tests on in process materials on the line.
- Ensure that all of the quality check procedures put in place by the company are followed during every production phase.
- Create comprehensive documentation for quality issues and note the corrective actions that were taken.
- Educate and communicate production & quality team on quality control issues and work with departmental managers to improve overall company safety and product quality.
- Create process checklist and coordinate quality inspections with departmental managers/supervisor.
- Fill in for QA Technician
- High school diploma or equivalent required; manufacturing, laboratory and quality experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to stand / walk for 6 to 8 hours per shift
- Basic math skills and computer literacy
- Completes work accurately, precisely, truthfully and in timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Professional attitude, good attendance and time management.
- Demonstrate accurate and thorough quality work and informed decision-making process that incorporates concern for quality, safety and security
- Ability to calculate figures such addition, division, multiplication and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet, Database, Email and Word Processing soft such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Tools and Equipment Required to Handle:
Laboratory equipment: Scales, refractometer, pH meter, solid analyzer, thermometer, pipette.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It is expected that all safety policies and procedures are followed and enforced in such situations.
- Employment at the Company is employment at-will. Employment at-will may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by the employee or the Company. Nothing in this job description or in any document or statement shall limit the right to terminate employment at-will.
Shifts and Pay Rates: