Delano, CA 93215
Packers are responsible to pack fresh pomegranates into the proper cartons, while making sure the proper size and grade are being packed. And to insure that the fruit is the best quality fruit for the customer and to do any other tasks as assigned by their supervisor or lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- show up on time and use time card correctly, report to supervisor/lead
- Follow all GMP, Food Safety & Company policies
- To be able to follow written and or verbal instructions
- To use caution around moving equipment including mono-rail
- Be responsible for the company supplied items such as pencils, gloves, sleeves and aprons.
- Be responsible to take care of their badge and properly punch in or out at their scheduled time.
- They are responsible to notify their supervisor of any problems arising regarding safety, harassment, or attendance issues
- Pack fresh fruit according to the standards assigned by the supervisor/lead
- Perform any other work as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to stand for long periods of time, reaching bending and turning
- Able to work in cold or hot environments
- Able to count to 50
- Able to distinguish different colors
- Good vision
- Good eye hand coordination
- Able to clearly communicate with leads or supervisors
- Able to climb stairs and platforms
- Able to watch fast moving conveyors without getting sick
- Able to lift 35 lbs
Education and Experience:
GED or high school diploma preferred, or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subject to variant temperatures. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, protective shoes, protective clothing, and in the plant, a hard hat.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
For More Information...
Visit: 730 Woollomes Ave Suite 105 Delano, CA 93215