Portland, OR 97203
1. Welding, fabricating, plumbing.
2. Avoids down-time and reacts with urgency to any problems that arise.
3. Performs machine changeovers as required.
4. Changes and repairs motors and belts when required.
5. Works on ink jet printers.
6. Communicates with machine operators and supervisor.
7. Performs other duties and assists others in the department as needed.
8. Dismantle and reassembly multiple pieces of VFS equipment
9. Minor Facility maintenance
Preventive Maintenance Responsibilities:
1. Checks to make sure all guards are in place.
2. Lubes all motors and gear boxes according to schedule
3. Performs all other Preventive Maintenance according to schedule
4. Maintains accurate maintenance records.
5. Uses computer for record keeping.
6. Ability to maintain parts inventory and budget
1. Attends and participates in departmental safety meetings and training.
2. Understands the safety requirements that pertain to the job.
3. Follows the hazardous materials safety procedures when choosing/mixing cleaning solutions.
4. Ensures that all personnel working/passing around their equipment does so in a safe manner.
This job occasionally calls for supervisory decisions to be made, when Team Leader is not available.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to do each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are typical of the physical demands, work environment, knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Needs good strong mechanical aptitude and productive attitude. Possess ample electrical knowledge, and able to weld. Understands air compressors. Works with little or no supervision.
Ability to learn computerize palletizers. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 5 years of related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and letters. Ability to speak well before groups of people.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several possible choices in common situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid CA Driver s License and Forklift Certified
PHYSICAL While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds in a team.
Must be able to work Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays, and other shifts and overtime as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AIB and SQF QUALIFICATIONS
Ability to master all elements of the AIB and SQF quality procedures that apply to this department.
BACK UP OR IN CASE OF ABSENCE
If the person filling this position is absent or away on break, another mechanic will assume the duties of this position. This position may require you to act as relief operator as needed.