Night Shipping Supervisor
Oxnard, CA 93030
Under general supervision of the Night Supervisor, the Assistant Night Supervisor is responsible for the technical and administrative function. Incumbent will work closely with the Night Supervisor and will be accountable for administrative and implementation of all policies and procedures covering the following: coordinating activities of personnel, record keeping, organizing shipments, analyzing data, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate activites of workers
- Verify and keep records on incoming.Outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment
- Analyze shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders and other records
- Determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Determine routing and legal load limits of trucks
- Direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Verify end of shift inventory and conduct facility walk through.
- Verify cold rooms are operating properly and all doors are locked at end of shift.
Uses equipments and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, follows establishes safety procedures, uses appropriate safeguards, and observes common sense rules of safety in all on-the-job activities. Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge: General knowledge of principals and practices of Shipping Department policies and procedures. Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state of the art practices
Skills: Strong personal and organizational skills. Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills; including written and oral instructions. Working knowledge of computer systems and programs. Working knowledge of facility equipment and materials.
Abilities: To apply and adapt practices and techniques to special circumstances; to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, peers, and management. To present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form: to ensure optimum performance of the function. Must be able to adjust tasks and focus in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 3 years of equivalent industry experience.
Must have previous supervisory experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret oral and written instructions.
4pm - Closing
For More Information.
Visit: 415 Salinas St. Salinas, CA 93901