Del Rey, CA 93616
Operators are responsible for, and not limited to, directly move cargo to designated locations using yard goats as well as putting the cargo away using a forklift. Driver will use double flatbed and gondola trailers to perform their movements. Drivers will also perform maintenance checks on the yard-goat and forklift. Responsible for operating equipment at maximum efficiency with emphasis on safety, quality and record keeping. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for, but not limited to, directly move cargo to designated locations using yard goats.
- Responsible for, but not limited to, put away and move cargo to designated locations using a forklift.
- Driver will use double flatbed and gondola trailers to perform their movements.
- Drivers will also perform maintenance checks on the yard-goats
- Receiving/Put-Away: Move full flatbed trailers to designated locations within the plant.
- Quality: Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Order Picking: Pick the correct size and area trailer that is required at a certain location.
- Equipment: Move and stage flatbed trailers using yard goat equipment. Maintain the facility s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform
minor maintenance on the forklift and yard goat. Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Inventory: Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and
security are maintained. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security: Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety. Comply with
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education and experience. 1-3 years of related experience in Receiving Department. The yard goat operator requires satisfactory completion of a yard goat training program.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may subject to variant temperatures. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, protective shoes, protective clothing, and in the plant, a hard hat. The employee occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.