Oxnard, CA 93030
Under general supervision of the Shipping Supervisors and Operations Manager, the Dispatcher is responsible for technical and administrative function of Shipping Department. Incumbent will schedule and dispatch workers, work crews and equipment for conveyance of materials and freight. Incumbent will work closely with the Shipping Supervisor and will be accountable for administration and implementation of policies and procedures covering the following: Shipping Department, incoming product, deadlines & delivery times, transmission of assignments, service improvement, documentation, and oversee personnel responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties required in dispatching product
- Schedule and dispatch trucks to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from Receiving Department and Sales Department using telephones, or two-way radios.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment
- Prepare daily orders for P/U
- Receive and prepare work orders
- Oversee all communications with the sales department
- Ensure all proper handling standards are met in the handling, storage, and loading or product.
- Monitor/coordinate service and truck schedules.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
5pm - close
For More Information...