Stockton, CA 95206
Pay Rate: $12/hr
$200 Sign on Bonu s (eligible after 60days)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates standard and/or specialized Power Lift Battery Extractor (PLBE)
- Inspect PLBE prior to using it, which include checking the controls, joystick, emergency stop button, start button, front / real roller bed, the high-speed/lift travel & magnet override, battery stop override, the magnet mode selector and laser alignment to ensure proper operation.
- Report faulty equipment, damage to racks and other safety hazards to supervisor.
- Operator must show a high level of responsibility.
- Operator must promote a safe work environment through personal actions; identify any safety concerns as well as cost saving opportunities
- Load and unload batteries to/from power lifts using PLBE
- Operator must be able to maintain proficiency to operate PLBE
- Place batteries needing charging in a secure area and attach correct battery cables for charging
- Ensure battery cables and battery gate have been detached before removing the battery from the power lift
- Keep work area clean of debris; clean and sweep as needed
- Will maintain MHE badge checkout system
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift in support of business needs
- Performing routine maintenance activities and notifying management of need for repairs.
- Trouble shoot and problem solving
- Battery Extractor must show a high level of responsibility
- Follow instructions for safely operating equipment
- Have an understandable knowledge of the Operators Manual
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant certifications and experience
- Must be certified and able to operate Electric pallet jack, Forklift, Reach
- Ability to work independently
- Strong commitment to SAFETY
- Knowledge of SDS
- Knowledge of janitorial duties.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals or task assignments
- Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented and excellent people skills
- Must be able to read and understand numbers and labels.
- This position requires associates to follow MHE Operations and Safe Driving practices, Safe Lifting, No Contact Policy, MHE Check out Process, and any other safety rules or policies.
Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Regularly
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.